Feb 13, 2012

It's Your Day - card

The current challenge at the {WHIMSIE DOODLES} blog is to create a card using only scrap papers (and a Whimsie Doodles image, of course).  Now that is something I can do... I have TONS of many scraps in all sizes!
All of the Whimsie Doodles images are so cute!  You can see them all {here}.  They even offer some freebie images, one of which I used on my card today:


This little gal is titled "Mailed My Heart" and you can download her {here}.  I fell instantly in love with her.  I colored her with my Copic markers. The scrap papers are from Colorbok and the card stock is from Recollections.  The paper flower, button and grosgrain ribbon are from my stash.  The "It's Your Day" sentiment is from PapertreyInk's "Friendship Jar" stamp set.


I'm linking this card up to the following awesome challenges:

{SIMON SAYS STAMP CHALLENGE BLOG}: Love Is In The Air
{DO YOU STACK UP? CHALLENGE BLOG} Challenge #58: Love
{PAPER ISSUES}: All We Need Is Love Pin It

13 comments:

WencheP said...

This is just cute. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Rachel Parys said...

So cute! I like that layout. I better go finish my Valentine projects!!!

Alyce said...

Aww this is so gorgeous!! I love that image and your colouring is perfect. Happy Valentines Day! :)

Rachel Parys said...

Annie Rose-

I have a blog award that I would love to give you! You are crazy talented and totally deserve it.

Come check it out when you can!

http://kneedeepinpaper.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Rachel

Rica said...

A wonderful card, I love the design and the gorgeous strong colours......fabulous details and sweet image.
Thanks so much for joining us the the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
xx Heather xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Annie, she is one super cute girlie :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

princesskitten said...

Beautiful - love the colouring

kitten DYSU team

Mary Jo said...

Love the clean look and beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Julie E said...

What sweetness! Such creative layering with the bow. So glad you joined in the Whimsie Doodle challenge this month!!!

whoistracy said...

This is just adorable- I really love your coloring! So glad you could play along with us at Whimsie Doodles this month.

Min said...

Oh SCRAP - your patterns and color choices just ROCK! =) Wonderful creation!

Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the February “OH SCRAP” Challenge at Whimsie Doodles
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Hegu said...

I like your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us for the Challenge at Whimsie Doodles.

Marlene said...

LOVELY card! Love how you colored the image and the papers you used with it. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsie Doodles' "Oh Scrap" Challenge.

Marlene
Whimsie Doodles DT