Mar 26, 2014

{The Sweetest Things}

I've got a card share + video demo for you today!

I was inspired by a few different challenges (listed below) to make a special birthday card for my mom.  She really loves the "Cheeky" line of stamps from The Greeting Farm... as do I.  :)


I used "CHEEKY HOWDY" and I stamped her onto watercolor paper and colored her with Distress Inks.  I paper-pieced her hair with designer paper and then fussy-cut her out.


I added some Stardust Stickles to some of her clothes and the cherries in her hair.  Most of the elements on the finished card have a lot of sparkly Stickles coating them as well. The sentiment die cut/stamp set is by My Favorite Things. I made some cherries out of red buttons (MFT) and hung them from white cherry blossoms by I Am Roses.  I spritzed some white mulberry paper leaves (also from I Am Roses) with green and gold Shimmer Mists to give them some sparkle as well.


I really like how this card came together and I hope my mom will, too.  You can watch the coloring + paper piecing video {HERE} or down below:


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

{THE GREETING FARM FFF} - Paper Piecing
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} Anything Goes with Buttons
{7 KIDS COLLEGE FUND} - Anything Goes with Die Cuts

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

Pin It

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Annie Rose, this is so gorgeous! Love all of pretty details. Your coloring is beautiful!

Janine Vegter said...

cool paperpiecing

debby4000 said...

Oh so many pretty things and finished with such a fabulous cute image, love it.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby